SUE is committed to providing training for both our members and our activists. SUE provide this through our own in house courses and through our relationship with the General Federation of Trade Unions (GFTU).
Make the most of your SUE membership by accessing some of these free training opportunities.
GFTU Education Services
As a SUE member there are training courses available through the GFTU. All applications, whether electronic or paper-based are subject to approval by the SUE Education Officer and SUE National Secretary.
The GFTU also offer free on-line learning opportunities which can be accessed through their website.
In addition many of our local SUE branches have Union Learning Reps who can help you find the learning opportunities that suit you. We also always looking for new Learning Reps. To find out what is involved speak to your SUE Branch Secretary.
You can find our more about GFTU Education here
Introduction to SUE Training Course
The course broadly covers:
- The History of SUE
- The structure of SUE including the role and functions of SUE National/Branch/Executive Officers
- Current bargaining agenda within UNISON and our other employers at national/regional level
- Recruiting and organising SUE members
- UNISON’s Grievance and Disciplinary Policies – case studies – introduction to representing SUE members
- Links with GFTU
- Relations with other unions
Accommodation and travel expenses are met by SUE.